We’re part of an exciting new bundle on DMsGuild, Sidekicks of the Guild, that brings you so many different sidekick options and our two newest adventures!
This bundle is no longer available, but we’ll have an updated version coming out in December with new titles!
Sidekicks of the Guild contains all the sidekicks and adventures you’ll need to run or play a one-on-one or small party D&D game. Within, you’ll find titles written and designed by bestselling DMs Guild authors Catherine Evans, Liz Gist, Paul Metzger, Sean Van Damme & Elizabeth Kost, Lane Matthews, and us, Jonathan & Beth Ball.
Whether you’re adventuring to Icespire Peak, the Lost Mines of Phandelver, the war torn lands of Eberron, the infernal plains of Avernus, the Forgotten Realms, or your own homebrew world, Sidekicks of the Guild has your sidekick needs covered.
Between Sidekicks Essentials by Paul Metzger and The Essentials: Sidekicks Expanded by Lane Matthews, you’ll be introduced to 16 new classes of sidekicks complete with level progression charts as well as a number of ready-made sidekicks just waiting to join in the fun.
If you find yourself adventuring solo through the world of Eberron, Catherine Evans & Liz Gist have 9 sidekicks ready to join your party, complete with setting specific rules and guidance, in Sidekicks of Eberron. And, not to be outdone, Sean Van Damme and Elizabeth Kost bring you 20 fully fleshed out, unique sidekicks with The Friend Folio.
With this bundle you’ll never have to worry about gathering your party before venturing forth.
Of course, no amount of sidekicks would complete this bundle without an adventure or two for your party to experience alongside them. For that, Sidekicks of the Guild brings you our two latest adventures, The Proving Glade and In the Heart of the Forest.* These adventures promise to provide many hours of fun, sidekick friendly gameplay for one-on-one games and full parties of hardy adventurers alike.
We’ve added sidekick leveling tables to our adventures, including an archer and a Circle of the Phoenix druid!
What if I already have one of more of these titles?
DMsGuild will automatically discount your bundle price of $9.99 (just shy of 50% off!) by the price of titles you already own. So, for example, if you already own both of our adventures, your bundle price would be discounted by $2.42 to $7.57!
Can you tell me more about the titles included?
The Essentials: Sidekicks Expanded
The Essentials: Sidekicks Expanded is bursting with new sidekicks for your 1-on-1 game of D&D. 9 sidekick types, each with their own unique/named sidekicks, complete with backstories, personality traits, and stat-blocks at levels 1, 3, and 5.
Within The Essentials: Sidekicks Expanded you’ll find:
- The Assassin, specializing in striking from the shadows.
- TheConjurer, a wizard specializing in control magics and summoning.
- The Crusader, a warrior of faith and justice.
- The Duelist, the master of the blade.
- The Evoker, wizard that makes things go BOOM!
- The Gladiator, a brutal, close quarters fighter.
- The Hunter, everyone’s favorite outdoorsman.
- The Necromancer, wizard of life, death, and undeath…
- The Oathbreaker, you want things to die, they’ve got you covered.
Not only does this tome contain leveling information for levels 1-6, like the D&D Essentials Kit, but it also includes tables up to level 12!
- Lars, avenging assassin
- Mathias, the ever helpful conjurer
- Briann, shield of Oghma
- Kira, aspiring blademaster
- Zuri, master of fire
- Dorgar, former gladiator of Thay
- Brida, huntress of the wilds
- Taeryn, mistress of death
- Raynard, former warrior of Helm
Sidekicks Essentials expands the sidekick rules released in the Essentials Kit and provides additional types of sidekicks and example personalities to round them out across three sections:
Playing with Sidekicks. A recap of the official rules for sidekicks accompanied by optional rules for sidekick loyalty, controlling the sidekick, and level advancement.
Sidekick Stat Blocks. An expanded collection of sidekick stat blocks and leveling tables:
- The Archer, who strikes with precision from afar.
- The Berseker, a crazed killing machine.
- The Criminal, an underworld expert of deception and theft.
- The Knight, a bastion of self-sacrifice.
- The Magician, an arcane ally.
- The Medic, because nobody likes dying alone.
- The Minstrel, whose songs hopefully prove to be more useful than they are annoying.
Sidekick Personalities. 11 named companions you can match to a sidekick stat block, each with art, personalities, ideals, bonds, and flaws. All are formatted to be printed matching the handout cards included in the Essentials Kit boxed set.
Sidekicks of Eberron
Instead of the DM needing to hand-craft every Sidekick NPC they use, (which can be time-consuming… and for some, daunting) we’ve done some of the heavy lifting.
In Sidekicks of Eberron you’ll find:
- Nine NPCs – three Warriors, three Spellcasters, and three Experts – between 1st and 5th level, with races and backgrounds that are Eberron through and through.
- Original art for each character.
- Examples of sidekicks with a broader range of classes – Barbarians, Druids, and Rangers.
- Rules for creating Dragonmarked sidekicks.
The Friend Folio
Behind every hero is a good sidekick, maybe even a few depending on how many heroes there are. The best sidekicks are people with their own story who just happen to be passing through the PCs’ stories.
They are made to be able to drop into your games with little effort to add some extra flavor to your game. An extra tank and a pocket healer are great, but they are even better if they have a fun and interesting personality.
The Proving Glade
The Proving Glade is a one-shot adventure meant for parties or duets.
Your characters arrive in a small settlement that has a big problem. The forest, its lifeblood, has seemingly withdrawn its bounty. Others have gone in, only to return hours later confused about how they got out.
Will your party have the wherewithal to navigate the treacherous forest, pass its surprising tests, and uncover what’s truly going on?
I wanted a forest adventure that felt alive and busy. I also didn’t want every encounter to be solved with the swing of a sword. The Proving Glade is about questioning value, morality, judgement, and redemption.
The Proving Glade includes:
- A 3 to 4 hour one-shot designed for parties or 1-1 play.
- A new Sidekick stat block: Daelin Hoofbane, ranger extraordinaire.
- A new custom creature: the mysterious and powerful Alseiad, a glade nymph of incredible beauty.
- 2 new maps: One region map for tha forest around Quaervarr near Silverymoon and one battle map for The Hydra’s Mire.
In the Heart of the Forest
An atmospheric one-shot adventure set in a dark forest for one-on-one or parties of level 5 or 6. There are two new sidekick classes, NPCs, and leveling tables included with handouts for your player!
In this adventure, the characters gather information in the small village of Redvale on the outskirts of the Blackwoods Forest. They go into the forest in search of Adelle, a druid whose other eleven Circle members have disappeared within the last year.
Inside the forest, they discover several undead beings, including a wood woad, who guides them to Adelle. She and her Circle learned a year before of a sorceress’s plan to extend her power beyond the forest, a death sentence for the village of Redvale and the lands beyond. Adelle is the last one left.
This adventure sets a mysterious woodland ambiance that lends itself to an immersive one-shot experience!
In the Heart of the Forest includes:
- Full one-shot adventure for levels 5 or 6
- Two sidekick characters (or DMPCs) with handouts for your player
- Two new sidekick classes and unique leveling tables: the archer and the Circle of the Phoenix druid
- Mechanics for running a sidekick
- Beautiful art
- Well-rounded NPCs
- Two custom NPC stat blocks
- A new custom creature and
- Two custom magical items
We hope you find this new bundle as exciting as we do! Please let us know in the comments and/or in reviews what you think!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that, at no cost to you, we receive a small commission when you follow the link and make a purchase.
If you like what you’re reading, please consider supporting the blog by purchasing our adventures and supplements in our shop or on DMsGuild or sponsoring us on Patreon. We’d also love for you to follow us on Twitter and Instagram. We appreciate you so much! Thank you for reading. – Beth and Jonathan